Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Made It

Well I decided a couple of months ago to start running.  Now mind you I have never been a runner.  I ran because I had to in other sports but I did not run for the sake of running.  In fact when I would see people running I would joke with my husband "I wonder what is chasing them."  Well now I am one of them.  I ran my first 5K this weekend and no I did not finish last.  In fact I was mid pack which I thought was great considering the front 20 our so were obvious runners.  My goal was to run the entire race.  I didn't really care about where I finished so long as I was not dead last.  Praise God for the people that were walking or walk/running.  I am now addicted to running.  I love that feeling of completing a race, crossing the fininsh line.  I am running in another 5k race this weekend and will begin training for a mini marathon in September.  I will probably run more 5Ks between now and then and may run a couple of other mini marathons after September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment